oldtobegin replied to your post: seeing color =/= racism. a completely colorblind society wouldn’t appreciate or even acknowledge the cultural blend a variety of races brings. the bad side of colorblindness is when people declare that since all people are equal, if something doesn’t offend one group then it shouldn’t offend another.
i don’t have context for this question but i do think the ability to not care what race someone is is GENERALLY a privilege that comes with being white. people of color generally don’t have the same freedom to tune out race.
I feel like this is sort of unfair. I was raised that everyone is equal, and skin color is just skin color, and somehow this makes me racist?
- yaoikitty likes this
- purepopfornowpeople likes this
- imathers likes this
- love-christine likes this
- sunshadowpoet likes this
- boundtothewater reblogged this from cyberphuk and added:
- airwalker likes this
- hughbot likes this
- cyberphuk reblogged this from senortacos and added:
- nickminichino reblogged this from oldtobegin and added:
- liquidiousfleshbag likes this
- bouffantofbaul likes this
- seppin likes this
- senortacos reblogged this from oldtobegin and added:
- senortacos likes this
- oldtobegin reblogged this from cyberphuk and added:
- sarahcb1208 likes this
- cyberphuk posted this
Short URL for this post: http://tmblr.co/ZfTafxIFI4y5